Friday, May 29, 2015

Blaise Delfino: Commencement


Blaise Delfino is a recording artist hailing from Bethlehem, PA (so forgive my bias, because this is coming from my old stomping grounds) who recently released a new EP, Commencement. Kicking off this new release is the video for the song, You Should've Told Me.

 
In a world where the music industry is bombarding us with vapid lyrics and semi-catchy hooks, Blaise Delfino is giving us depth and dimension. Yes, I love music, but I'm also in it for the lyrics. Give me songs that tell a good story, and you will instantly have a fan. With or without the video, You Should've Told Me tells a tale of a relationship of two divergent personalities - or maybe differing goals and timelines. It's a very human story - it's not an artists putting up the front of "I'm such a badass" or "I'm a superhuman lover." The song shows flaws and the things we all have experienced in romantic relationships at one time or another. In fact, the entirety of Commencement is very human and very relatable.
 
The music is great - acoustic guitar and lilting vocals with a Pop/R&B groove with a smart rap flow. It's like - well, I can't really make accurate comparisons. If I say it's like G. Love, then I'm selling this album short. Likewise if I use later Debbie Harry tracks. Commencement is it's own thing, and I like it, and I want to hear more!
 
This isn't just me telling you what I like to hear. This is me telling you that you need to listen to this! So it! Download Commencement right from Blaise Delfino's site. It's free! And you may call up a memory or five, and playing it over and over just like I have.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment