Saturday, June 20, 2015

Kelley Karas: You'll Never Get To Sleep

I like good relationship songs. Let me rephrase that. I like songs about relationships that are good - as in the lyrics don't keep saying "baby, baby, I love you, I love you!" ad nauseum, but rather convey a depth (sometimes uncomfortable) that strikes a chord or memory.


Kelley Karas certainly hits that motif with her latest song, You'll Never Get To Sleep.

 

I've been listening to this song all night, and between the vocals and lyrics, which remind me of the alternative Grrrrl Rock of the 90s - and the unique sound of her guitar, which manages slight distortion which still having a very clean and crisp sound - and a chord progression and voice that get caught in my head, I want more. I want more songs! I want albums! (Can you tell I like Kelley Karas' work?)

Kelley Karas is a guitar playing songwriter that hails from the American desert. Current and Former Bands Include: The Negative Nancys (all girl punk!/power pop), Asterionella (shoegaze) and Robot Nixon (Pop Punk.)

Major influences include: Sunshine, Cacti and Highway Signs.

Weird? You betcha. Why be serious when there's fun to be had?

If you want more, you can follow Kelley Karas over on her official Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment