Saturday, June 6, 2015

Digital Lizards of Doom


I like fun music with smart lyrics. Mix some rock, some electronic grooves, and callbacks to my nerdy youth (not to be confused with my nerdy adulthood), and your have The Digital Lizards of Doom (DLOD for short). Yesterday, they released their video for their song, "I Don't Know How To Dance."

Video courtesy of Noize Cartel Records

This song is all too reminiscent of my awkwardness at clubs (and yes, I've been not-so-politely told to leave many times, while the bouncer hit on the people I was with), but the best part is how damned infectious the song is, and how I can't keep from moving to it!

With intricate layers that have slight hints of Queen, Thomas Dolby, Daft Punk, and Grand Buffet - with vocals that have that lilt of Chuck Mosely, I keep finding more nuances each time I listen. Throw in lyrics that paint a relatable (and funny) scenario, and I'm completely sold on DLOD's material.

If you want to find out more about DLOD, you should check out the official Digital Lizards of Doom site, where you can watch episodes of the DLOD webcast. Still can't get enough? Then follow them on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

However, the very best move you can make is to buy DLOD's new EP, Dizzy Eko Makeover over on iTunes, Amazon, Beatport, and directly through their own site.

In closing, check out DLOD now!

Author's Note/Rant:

Once again, I'm going to remind you that artists love creating things, but if you don't show the love in return  and support them - be it buying their music or spreading the word to your friends who might also enjoy their stuff, then the scene for new music is just going to get smaller. I'm not just saying this as someone straddling between Austin and New Orleans - but as someone who loves to hear new material and wants to encourage more people to get into music.

1 comment: