Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Radical One Presents: The Melting Pot EP

For lovers of electronica and world beats, Radical One just released a new EP, The Melting Pot. From the very first track forward, this EP shows off Radical One's skills as both a composer and a producer.



You can listen to the entirety of Melting Pot here. Initially, Fudge was going to be my highlight track, because I like the use of the noise envelope -  but with each listen, I find more nuances and it becomes harder and harder to pick a favorite because they all work together so perfectly.

I've listened to this three times in a row, and I find it interesting how each track contains instrumentation respective to each region of the world that inspired it, plus rhythm that calls out to each region - at the same time fusing hip-hop, edm, soul, and Latin beats that fill a spot in my library that I haven't heard since the likes of Stereolab, with hints of Cibo Matto and Underworld.

You can find Radical One on Soundcloud and BandCamp, and you can follow the release of the Melting Pot EP as well as future projects by following Radical One over on Twitter.

Definitely good stuff, and you all should be listening to this!

No comments:

Post a Comment