Monday, August 24, 2015

Reditus: Persona EP

I've always been "that kid" who rushed out to get any album that was labeled as "experimental." Ummagumma? It goes without saying. Adult Themes For Voice? I was the first one to buy it. An album where the percussion is just the sound of a stapler, digitally altered? Sign me up! 

When Reditus popped up on my radar with an announcement of their Persona EP, I couldn't get to my headphones fast enough.


Reditus is a three-piece (John Keith, Michael Patterson, Noisy Lingus) group based out of Chicago who manage to breathe life into the experimental genre by blending electronics, distorted vocals, keyboards, guitar, and beats that are impossible to get out of your head, even after the first round of listening.


It has been a long time since I've heard a tight trio make such larger-than-life sounds with a beat that makes it impossible to just sit still and casually listen. Full of energy and inspired by their post-punk roots, Reditus is posed to be the next big thing since The Real Thing.

Reditus released the Persona EP on the Screaming Match Productions label, and it is available on Band Camp.

If you want to know more about Reditus and get the latest news on songs and shows, you can follow them on Reverb Nation, Facebook, Myspace, and Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment